Saturday, 19 November 2011

Saturdays

I've mentioned before that Nicholas is obsessed with football at the moment. The Fulham Football Club runs a football program for kids of all ages. It's a lovely setup - friendly and easy - and pay as you go. We decided that if it's not raining and if Nicholas is keen then we should seize the moment. So Saturday morning footy has become part of our weekend routine. We used to take Nicholas to the same classes during the World Cup last year when he was only 3.5 years old. Looking back makes me realise how he has grown and developed over the past year. We'll have to get him a new shirt soon!

Now that Nick's at school, and the sun sets soon after we pick him up, weekends are our only chance to go to the playground. So afterwards we always hang out in the awesome playground. It's got all sorts of different apparatus, not at all co-ordinated, and quite haphazard. The boys always want to try out each and every part. I must say, I like it that they are quite risky at times, but sensible. That's when I realise how much they're benefitting from going to the little gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment