Thursday, 15 August 2013
Perseid Meteor Shower
The Perseids meteor shower is on at the moment. I find it odd that I never heard about this annual spectacle until this year, and now I see stuff about it all over the place. Unfortunately we are stuck in light polluted cloudy London so it hasn't been dazzling but we have spotted a few shooting stars. This video makes me wonder if I should have organised a trip to somewhere suitable for the occasion. We thought it was a good excuse to visit Greenwich Planetarium. We enjoyed exploring the museum and the grounds of the observatory as well as two shows in the planetarium: "Sky Tonight" and "We are Aliens". We all found it absolutely fascinating (especially now that we know more about space after Nicholas' latest show and tell at school)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment