Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Daniel Week 23

Daniel had his first taste of solids the other day. We've decided to take the gradual approach and only give him one teaspoon of baby rice once per day for 2 weeks before we start getting serious and adventurous. At first it seemed like he liked it but his enthusiasm soon turned into utter disgust. Now he keeps his mouth shut, sticks his tongue out, hits the spoon out of the way and sometimes even screams. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Mmmm what's this?
Give it to me!Yummy!Oh wait!
I've changed my mind!
This series are especially funny not only because of Daniel's facial expressions but also those of Nicholas in the background. One of the things Nicholas does not like at all is custard (which is hard to understand for a mom and dad that love it). So he quite cleverly says: 'Mom, Danny doesn't like custard either, give him something nice!' I guess the baby rice does resemble custard and he has a good point maybe we need to try something a bit more tasty.

We've also started giving him a few drops of water out of the doidy cup. Not much is actually going where it is meant to just yet but the idea is that he will get used to drinking his water out of a cup after every meal. It's just a habit I got into with Nicholas and I think it is healthy part of the eating routine.After a week of trying we stopped abruptly when a horrible bug of vomiting and diarrhea hit the poor little thing. It was severe and lasted for 4 days. He couldn't even keep breast milk down. As you can imagine his thighs are not as chunky anymore but other than that he is back to normal. Now that his milk consumption is back on track we'll give the baby rice another bash.

1 comment:

  1. I love his facial expressions! Hopefully he'll like what's next on the menu a bit more!

    ReplyDelete