Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Brotherly love

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Nicholas and Daniel are brothers. With their blonde hair, blue eyes and gorgeous smiles they look alot alike. It's uncanny how similar they look at the same age too. Daniel gets very excited everytime he sees a photo of baby Nicholas and if I ask Nicholas who the baby is in a photo of himself as a baby he says it's Danny. I'll try to do a comparison sometime.

Nicholas has always liked cutting and now that he is getting used to his left hand pair of scissors he is getting pretty good at cutting shapes out. Cutting is always accompanied with glueing which he enjoys too. I love it when he sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating. Danny has inherited the right hand pair of scissors and although he doesn't cut paper yet he loves snipping away with it.

My kids love pasta and so do I as you can serve it with just about anything. I try to vary the kind of pasta I give them but fusilli remains a firm favourite. I don't often make spaghetti - I hate to admit this but I find it a bit too messy - anyway the other day I decided to give it a try for a change. It was a big hit and we all laughed like crazy while Nicholas taught Daniel to 'suck up the snakes'. Mess or no mess I think I'll make it again just to see them have so much fun together.

The boys love bath time and usually have loads of fun messing around with the water and bubbles. I leave them alone in the bath while I get their pj's and stuff ready for bed. Nicholas has saved Daniel a few times when he fell over and under which really impressed me. I usually take Danny out first and leave Nicholas in a bit longer. It is great listening to him chatter away and trying to guess what is going on in his imagination. Danny splashes like a maniac when given half the chance and does not mind water in his face so washing his hair is no problem at all. For some strange reason Nicholas hates washing his hair at the moment so we have to do some weird and wonderful hairstyles to make it more appealing.

Daniel wants to do everything that Nicholas does and I must say Nicholas is very good at trying to show his little brother the ropes. They really do have a lot of fun together most of the time. There's also no doubt that they love each other. I hope that it will stay that way for ever.

3 comments:

  1. The kids are so beautiful and cheerful! I am really looking forward to finally seeing Daniel in December! I love the photos of the bath hairstyles - very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I especially liked the spaghetti ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! I also wanted to post some funny bath time hair do's today.

    ReplyDelete