Daniel is an extremely independent little fellow. I guess I should be happy about that. But sometimes he tips the scale just too far. The other day we were leaving the leisure center after swimming and as usual he refused to hold my hand because he wanted to do it 'all by myself'. I'm not sure how it happened but he tripped and fell down the stairs. There was a lot of blood and a lot of screaming so I rushed to A&E. The poor little guy ripped his frenulem (that little skin between your top lip and your top gums) and had a huge lip (which was back to normal the next morning). The nurse assured me his teeth are fine. I hope she is right!

Nicholas used to be quite cautious but he has become much more physical and toughened up a lot since starting school. As if trying to compete with his little brother, he came home wearing a similar sticker accompanied by an accident report, a few days later. Apparently he and another little boy had a massive collision on the playground and they both had to pay a visit to the school nurse. He was fine though so I think they were just being cautious!
That's quite funny in a serious not funny kind of way ... did Nicholas have to walk around school all day with that sticker on his head? Sorry to hear that Danny got so hurt ... that's not funny at all ... poor little guy.
ReplyDeleteThe whole day, yes, but on his shirt!
ReplyDelete