Sunday, 11 December 2011

Two and a half

I can't believe my baby boy is already two and a half. It feels like just the other day that he was a newborn. He is a real little character who can make me laugh and cry. When he gets into a strop he folds his arms and pulls the cutest angry face I've ever seen. Luckily it's easy to make him smile again!

This little guy is one of the most affectionate, cuddly, loving little things you'll ever come across. He generously gives cuddles and kisses to anyone he knows well. And he often tells us that he loves us. It's like music to my ears!

Danny loves playing imaginary games. Here he is cooking soup for lunch. We had to pretend to be eating it once it was dished up. And he gets seriously annoyed if you don't play along with him!

We pass a stable on the school run, so often see horses. When we've got some time to kill we stop at the stables at the Windmill in Wimbledon Common to say hi to the horses. Danny has developed quite a liking for them and keeps asking when he can ride them!

Daniel has been good at shapes and colours for a long time and now he has mastered counting to 10 too. I don't think he totally gets the concept of quantity beyond 4 but he can recognise all the numbers from 1 to 10. He is also very good at sorting things. He especially likes sorting the coins in his 'froggy-bank'. Hopefully he'll always have a lot of money to count one day!

One day Danny brought me an alphabet fridge magnet and said here's w. I thought it was a coincidence so I sent him off to find another one and he did. I then asked him to show me some other letters and he pointed out i, e, m, o, x, and y. He is learning the rest at a rapid pace and loves playing letter games. One of his favourite activities is to match up the alphabet fridge magnets!

Much to my amazement, Daniel sat down one day and produced a beautiful work of art, as if by magic. I like the way he uses a variety of colours and tries his best to stay in the lines. I enjoy listening to his running commentary and watching his facial expressions. Best of all I love the way he is all proud of the end product and demands that I display it on the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment