Monday, 4 April 2011

Mother

In England they celebrate Mother's Day linked to Easter and so the date varies. In SA it's always the second Sunday in May which is much simpler in my opinion. I had a lovely day on Sunday. First my boys spoilt me by letting me have a lie-in while they baked some scrumptious bacon and cheese muffins and then in the afternoon we joined a some friends in Marble Hill Park for a lovely picnic in the sunshine. A perfect day all in all!

Claire always has some lovely themed arts and crafts up her sleeve. For Mother's Day she did prints of the boys' hands in clay. With the leftover clay the kids did some cut-out shapes and some figure modelling. As you can imagine they loved it especially the part where they got messy with the paint. The prints are a lovely momento!

Sometimes I'm MOMMY, sometimes MAMMA, sometimes MOM, sometimes MUM, sometimes MAM, sometimes MA and sometimes FAYE. At the moment Nicholas calls me MUM which I think is kind of weird because being South African we usually say MOM. It doesn't matter what the boys call me I love hearing them say my name!

It's at times like these that I really miss South Africa. Wouldn't it be lovely to spend Mother's Day with Gogologo. She, after all, is the matriarch. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder to myself how she did it - 8 kids - I take my hat off to you MOM. You are awesome. We love you loads and miss you madly!

No comments:

Post a Comment