Friday, 10 February 2012

Snow Take 2

The big freeze continues. Earlier this week we went to check out the half frozen pond in Cannizaro Park. Luckily Nicholas could read the 'Danger! Thin Ice!' sign. It made him change his mind about walking on the ice!


We got a new dusting of snow last night, quite unexpectedly, just as the last of the Sunday's snow disappeared. Even though it was lighter this time it left a far more dramatic scene. Absolutely everything was coated with a layer of snow. Unfortunately it melted fast so I didn't get to do my photoshoot after dropping Nicholas at school and taking Daniel to his swimming lesson. I did get a couple of shots when we stepped outside though!


When we picked Nick up after school we decided that we should go for a walk in Putney Heath anyway. It was really quiet except for the drip drip dripping of the melting snow. It looked magical with the low sunlight shining through the trees. Unfortunately the troll pond wasn't either frozen enough for walking on. I think we need to go to Holland for that!


With all this snow here in London it seems kind of silly traipsing all the way to Scotland in search of the white stuff. I am sure it will still be nice being on holiday for a week, fun seeing old friends and snowboarding in a new location. Just hope we survive the icy driving conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment