Wednesday, 15 February 2012

SA2011: The Boom

One of the special places in Magogong is Kobus' Boom. His plot is on the outskirts of the scheme so it includes a bit of veld which he has turned into a little game farm. It's great being able to see some wild animals right on our doorstep. The name comes from the massive thorn tree where the lapa has been built. It is great sitting around the camp fire under the boom with your bare feet in the red Kalahari sand. Usually it's a gathering of family and life long friends which makes it a really special occasion. Young and old will agree that cooling down in the Kalahari jacuzzi is awesome especially with a magnificent Magogong sunset as a backdrop. Another reason why I like it there is because it was one of Oupa Paddy's favourite hangouts and I feel close to his spirit when I'm there.

See Janine's post A few things
for a variation of the same theme ...

No comments:

Post a Comment