I might as well add my two cents worth on chicken pox remedies. As I am sure you know there is no cure for chicken pox and as immunisation is not commonplace here in UK it is vital that keep the victim in isolation to prevent the virus from spreading. What I want to know is what I can do to prevent these pox from spreading on MY child. Apparently the answer is nothing. All you can do is try to make the child comfortable. For the fever it's calpol and ibuprofen as ususal and for the itch there are various remedies like Camomile Lotion of course but there is another product called Eurax. An easy and effective way of applying these is to simply put it in the bath water so that it soothes them all over. Tea Tree Oil and Oatmeal are two natural remedies that should have a similar effect. Upon suggestion of a friend I am also giving my boys piriton, which is an antihistimine that attacks the itch from the inside, but also makes them very drowsy and should only be administered according to the strict guidelines in children. So far my boys have been so good at not scratching so maybe it's because they are not actually that itchy. Who will ever know!
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
Chicken Pox 2
As expected Daniel caught the pox from Nicholas. The poor little thing has it real bad. He is totally covered, especially his face, even his eye lids and inside his ears, nose and mouth . To make matters worse he is running a high fever and still fighting a nasty cold. Everytime I look at him I want to cry. The last few and next few days are going to be interesting trying to keep things normal for Nicholas while trying to comfort Danny and keep him in isolation. The sweet little thing could even manage a smile for the camera but he definitely didn't want to look at himself in the mirror!
I might as well add my two cents worth on chicken pox remedies. As I am sure you know there is no cure for chicken pox and as immunisation is not commonplace here in UK it is vital that keep the victim in isolation to prevent the virus from spreading. What I want to know is what I can do to prevent these pox from spreading on MY child. Apparently the answer is nothing. All you can do is try to make the child comfortable. For the fever it's calpol and ibuprofen as ususal and for the itch there are various remedies like Camomile Lotion of course but there is another product called Eurax. An easy and effective way of applying these is to simply put it in the bath water so that it soothes them all over. Tea Tree Oil and Oatmeal are two natural remedies that should have a similar effect. Upon suggestion of a friend I am also giving my boys piriton, which is an antihistimine that attacks the itch from the inside, but also makes them very drowsy and should only be administered according to the strict guidelines in children. So far my boys have been so good at not scratching so maybe it's because they are not actually that itchy. Who will ever know!
I might as well add my two cents worth on chicken pox remedies. As I am sure you know there is no cure for chicken pox and as immunisation is not commonplace here in UK it is vital that keep the victim in isolation to prevent the virus from spreading. What I want to know is what I can do to prevent these pox from spreading on MY child. Apparently the answer is nothing. All you can do is try to make the child comfortable. For the fever it's calpol and ibuprofen as ususal and for the itch there are various remedies like Camomile Lotion of course but there is another product called Eurax. An easy and effective way of applying these is to simply put it in the bath water so that it soothes them all over. Tea Tree Oil and Oatmeal are two natural remedies that should have a similar effect. Upon suggestion of a friend I am also giving my boys piriton, which is an antihistimine that attacks the itch from the inside, but also makes them very drowsy and should only be administered according to the strict guidelines in children. So far my boys have been so good at not scratching so maybe it's because they are not actually that itchy. Who will ever know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes, Spotty! Poor guy....not looking forward to this at all!
ReplyDelete