Spring has definitely been in the air for the last week or so. One of the first signs of spring for me is all the daffodils that seem to spring up from nowhere. Before you know it, the trees burst into bloom and other flowers start appearing. There's no wonder the birds begin to sing. Not only have we had sunshine and blue skies, but the days are clearly getting longer and longer. It's amazing the effect some good weather has on a person's mood!
I'm planning on doing loads of spring related activities with the kids in the next few weeks, especially since it will be holidays soon. I decided to kick the whole thing off with a cool idea that I found on one of the blogs I like to read (Colour Giggles). The boys were a bit perplexed when I gave them 7 jelly beans and suggested that they plant them and water them and leave them in the sunshine to grow. They were even more puzzled the next day when there were two multicoloured lollipops instead of a beanstalk. Danny was totally fooled by it all but Nicholas told me in no uncertain terms that it was impossible. That didn't change the excitement of licking the biggest lollipops they'd ever seen!
No comments:
Post a Comment