To get into the mood for Halloween, and because you just can't buy your pumpkins at the shop, I organised an outing for Nicholas and some of his classmates (and their brothers) to Garson's Farm. We had loads of fun searching for the perfect pumpkin in the field and trying to find the biggest one in the farm shop. We also picked apples, gem squashes, cabbages and beetroot. Nice to have farm fresh vegetables for a change!
Picking pumpkins
And apples
And beetroot
Checking out the Halloween display
Carving pumpkins is not something I grew up with even though I lived on a farm, but it has become a tradition in our household. As the boys get older they enjoy it more and more and this year they came up with their own designs. I think Dad secretly enjoys the challenge too. And then there is the dressing up that creates even more excitement. This year we went for a ghost and a zombie and met up with a skeleton and a werewolf for trick-or-treating. The 4 boys had loads of fun roaming the streets together looking for pumpkins (which shows that the house welcomes visitors). People are really generous and we got home with a massive stash that will last months in our house!
Carving pumpkins
The end result of our Jack-O-Lanterns
My scary boys and their pumpkins
Bumping into a teacher from their school was fun!
Little ghost and big zombie
(old sheets and beetroot juice came in handy)
Counting their loot the next day
I always like looking back on occasions like this!

No comments:
Post a Comment