Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Other closed chapters

With Danny about to start school we had to think about how that would affect our daily lives. We just wouldn't be able to fit all our activities in any more.  We realised that some sports would naturally be replaced by others and it became important to find activities that both boys could do at the same time.  So it was with great some disappointment that we had to stop Playball.  Danny did Playball for 2 years and learnt a phenomenal amount from it.  I think every pre-school child should have the opportunity to do Playball as it forms a basis for many different sports and inspires a love for exercise.  It was also weekly 'playdate' for us, Danny with Ernie and Eli, and me with Ellie and Libby.  It was also kind of cool hanging out at the Roehampton Club!


We also made the decision to stop the Little Gym mainly because I just couldn't make the timetable work out.  Nicholas did Little Gym for 4 years and Danny did it for 3 years and both boys loved it and it really was amazing for them.  I feel that Nicholas has probably outgrown it now but Danny can still benefit, so if I can make it work I hope to take him back again for a while longer.  Either Little Gym or some other gymnastics!

Danny showing off at his last class









Also the last class for Nicholas
(camera's battery died after this first photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment