Sunday, 24 November 2013

Vio-Vio-Violin

Nicholas is still doing violin lessons and even though he hasn't done any exams yet he is progressing nicely.  He does his lessons at school with a wonderful teacher who uses the Colour Strings method.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but she played with the Lightning Seeds at Glastonbury a few years ago, pretty cool hey.  Every term they have a concert at school.  I always find it quite amazing to see how many little children play instruments.  Nicholas takes it all in his stride and shows no sign of being nervous!

Year 1 - Summer Term

Puffer Train


Some singing by the choir

Year 1 - Spring Term

"Squirrel sits up in his tree"



Some singing by the choir


Listening to the other musicians


Year 1 - Autumn Term

"Way up high"


Reception

"Hiding in the long grass"

Sometimes we even have concerts at home!

And Nick does a bit of composing from time to time too!

He loves this musical poster so I thought I would include it
(in case anyone else likes it too)

No comments:

Post a Comment