Like the mother who has invited Nicholas to a playdate tomorrow afternoon so that I don't have to do the school pickup and can therefore recuperate with Daniel at home. Don't worry, I have been to her house once before and her son has come here once before, so I do trust her. Another one of the moms also offered to come and pick up and drop off Nicholas every day so that I didn't have to drag Daniel around. This is an incredibly kind offer considering that she has a 2 week old baby and that we live way out of her way in relation her school run. Everyone at school has been really kind actually!
I needed to pay the cleaner the other day so I rushed down to the end of the road but both ATMs were out of order. Just my luck. I dashed into my drycleaner to see if he could do cash back for me but unfortunately he couldn't. That didn't stop him from kindly lending me £30 out of his private wallet. So trusting!
Even the cleaner offered to come here every morning for an hour to watch Danny while I do the school run. And she added that it is to help and not for money. She really didn't have to do that considering that she is a student from Columbia who is strapped for cash!
My final anecdote is about a lady that I bought jewelry from 2 years ago who I saw the other day in the aftermath of Nicholas' pox. She sent me a text to say that she was thinking about me and wondering if Daniel has it yet and hoped that I was coping. She proceeded to offer her help even though she hardly knows me. I was blown away!
I do always try to be kind to my friends but I am going to try and take an example from these people and be try to be kinder to everyone in the future even if they are virtual strangers. I don't have a picture to go with this post ... shock horror ... but I'll leave you with this quote from one of AESOP's Fables: The Lion and the Mouse.
No act of Kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted.
no matter how small,
is ever wasted.
Pay it forward ... awesome.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm impressed, didn't realise that there were so many nice people out there! Hope Daniel gets better soon. X
ReplyDelete