The boys love rating the suppers I make. Lasagne, macaroni cheese, roasted chicken and fajitas always get 10 out of 10. They also enjoy anything containing fish or seafood - pasta, risotto, paella (the South Korean warehouse also has an excellent selection of seafood at a reasonable price so seafood part of our weekly menu now). Stir fry, no matter what I do to it, only gets a 5 or a 6 (Nicholas maturely says it is not his favourite but he knows it is healthy so he will eat it and Daniel will do anything Nicholas does). Stew and soup don't score very high either (ok but not delicious). Chicken pie firm favourite (with leek, brocolli, cauliflower and cream). I think they like it because they get to choose and cut out pastry shapes themselves (ready rolled puff pastry). One of our favourite dinner conversations lately is discussing the country where the meal comes from!
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Chicken Pie and Watermelon
This is a post about food and eating. It hasn't always been plain sailing but I must say both my boys are excellent eaters and will try almost anything. Their palettes are quite sophisticated and they like unusual things for kids like olives, capers, sushi, blue cheese, asparagus, brocolli and papaya. One thing I have definitely succeeded at is fostering an enjoyment of a wide variety of fruit. We were delighted when we found watermelon at the South Korean warehouse the other day. It made me yearn back to my childhood and even Nicholas said it reminded him of Magogong!
The boys love rating the suppers I make. Lasagne, macaroni cheese, roasted chicken and fajitas always get 10 out of 10. They also enjoy anything containing fish or seafood - pasta, risotto, paella (the South Korean warehouse also has an excellent selection of seafood at a reasonable price so seafood part of our weekly menu now). Stir fry, no matter what I do to it, only gets a 5 or a 6 (Nicholas maturely says it is not his favourite but he knows it is healthy so he will eat it and Daniel will do anything Nicholas does). Stew and soup don't score very high either (ok but not delicious). Chicken pie firm favourite (with leek, brocolli, cauliflower and cream). I think they like it because they get to choose and cut out pastry shapes themselves (ready rolled puff pastry). One of our favourite dinner conversations lately is discussing the country where the meal comes from!


The boys love rating the suppers I make. Lasagne, macaroni cheese, roasted chicken and fajitas always get 10 out of 10. They also enjoy anything containing fish or seafood - pasta, risotto, paella (the South Korean warehouse also has an excellent selection of seafood at a reasonable price so seafood part of our weekly menu now). Stir fry, no matter what I do to it, only gets a 5 or a 6 (Nicholas maturely says it is not his favourite but he knows it is healthy so he will eat it and Daniel will do anything Nicholas does). Stew and soup don't score very high either (ok but not delicious). Chicken pie firm favourite (with leek, brocolli, cauliflower and cream). I think they like it because they get to choose and cut out pastry shapes themselves (ready rolled puff pastry). One of our favourite dinner conversations lately is discussing the country where the meal comes from!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Divine Faye, I remember how delious your food always was when I lived with you guys in London! I'm going to have to see this SoKo warehouse when we come to visit you ;)
ReplyDelete