Sunday, 8 July 2012

Daniel's Birthday Week

... a month ago this time ...

A child's 3rd birthday is a very special one because I think it is first time they realise that all the fuss is actually about them. Daniel couldn't contain his excitement in the build up to his birthday and was a bit disappointed when the week long celebrations came to an end. I loved it when he told all and sundry 'Just call me birthday boy!' and thought it was rather amusing when he asked me 'Mommy, I want another birthday, when can I turn 4?'. I think we definitely succeeded in making him feel extra special!

Pancakes for Breakfast









Pizza for supper





A pile of presents















More presents in the post






Baking ... train biscuits for the party







Baking ... cupcakes for his playball friends



Tried to make shattered glass jelly
(which I forgot to take out for party!)





Ages ago Danny told me that he wanted a train cake when he turned 3. I thought it was a great idea for a party theme. So we rolled with it and Dad designed an invitation disguised as a train ticket and I devised a plan for the cake and started searching for train party ideas. I love planning my kids birthday parties!








Impressed!



Tasty!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Finally, we've been waiting for ages for this one ;) Everything you did looks so great! In some pictures Daniel could really be Nicholas' twin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything looked really great! Glad you all had fun, especially Danny. 3 is the perfect age for a birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete