Lana, Fritjof, Siana and Kian moved to Pretoria a couple of weeks ago. I am secretly envious of them returning 'home' to start a new chapter of their lives. We couldn't let them leave without visiting them so, just in time, we headed to Hannover for a long weekend. We had such a lovely time together!
On the Friday we just hung out locally and spent time catching up. It was so nice to get a glimpse into the life they lived in Germany. I especially enjoyed seeing Nicholas and Daniel getting to know their aunty, uncle and cousins a bit better. It's such a shame we don't get to spend more time together!
The zoo was our destination on Saturday. Now this zoo is no ordinary zoo, this zoo is definitely the best zoo that I have ever been to, if I had a zoo like that on my doorstep I would surely go every week. The decor is so well done and transports you from country to country. You can actually see, smell, hear, taste and feel that you are in a different place. The selection of animals is also fantastic and they look content which is very important to me. Besides all this, it contains some of the best playgrounds (yes - plural) that I have ever come across. The children had an amazing time!
Africa










Canada


India
Australia
One Playground
Another playground

On Sunday we stumbled across a street parade. It was massive, a real eye opener, providing extra evidence that we were in a different country. The kids enjoyed all the freebees that the different floats were distributing and the beer trucks were even giving out free beer. We enjoyed a walk through the centre, past the magnificent rathaus, to the scenic lake, ending up in a forest. And we found even more fantastic playgrounds. The Germans sure do know how to do things properly!
The Parade
The Rathaus
The Dinosaur Playground
Down by the Lake
d
The Outdoor Gym



























The Zoo looks amazing!!! Great photos Faye!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a perfect weekend - you are right, all those playgrounds are amazing!! So nice to see some photos of Siana and Kian too :)
ReplyDelete