We invited a few special friends to our house for the party. Danny's two best friends: Ernie and Eli were top of the guest list along with their older sisters Olivia and Megan. No party of ours would be complete without Phillipa and Erin, Genevieve and Oliver and Siana and Amaya. 12 kids ... the perfect size for a three year old's party!
I tried to make the party games train themed too. I think pass-the-parcel is always a firm favourite with the kids especially if they each get a surprise (this time each one got a wind up toy train). The next game, a number themed treasure hunt, led the children outside (three to five year olds and numbers are a pefect combination; and who doesn't like a good old treasure hunt). I took the game where two teams compete to see who can collect the most items and turned it into a train themed version (our balls were pieces of coal and each team had to gather as many as possible for to store in their stations). And finally I adapted 'Wolf Wolf What's the time' to 'Fat Controller what's the time'. The kids absolutely loved this game and in the end there wasn't even time for Musical Railway Tracks!
Free play outside
Pass the Parcel
The party bags and thank you cards were also themed. The idea I had this time was for the children to gather the contents of their party bags during the party proceedings. The train whistle was part of the table setting, the wind up toy trains were in the pass the parcel and the sweeties were the treasures in the treasure hunt. These were all added to the loot bag containing a Thomas activity book. I recycled some Thomas wrapping paper for the thank you cards and turned it into a cutting, sticking, writing and drawing activity for Daniel.























Looks like fun fun fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat Party Faye!! Well done! danny's face is pure delight!
ReplyDelete