Saturday, 23 July 2011

End of an era

This was Nicholas' last week at Peques. I can't believe nursery is a thing of the past and that my big boy is starting school in September. I must say I feel rather sentimental. Nicholas started going to Peques when he was only 18 months old and for the first 6 months he went full time because I was working. I found it quite hard to be separated from him, so when my contract wasn't extended I was secretly pleased. Since then he has been going for 3 mornings per week which has suited him and me just fine. I have, at times, had various reservations about Peques but looking back I think it is a great nursery and was a good choice for Nicholas. The reasons why I feel this way is that they take learning seriously but always make it fun, they ensure the kids have a lot of time outdoors even if it means going on expeditions to the neighbourhood playgrounds, and they provide a loving and caring environment for the children. As a result Nicholas is a happy, confident and clever child who is very well prepared for big school. An extra bonus is that he has been exposed to Spanish as well as a multi cultural environment. I'm not sure if the teachers make every parent feel this way but I'm sure Nicholas is more than one teacher's pet (wink wink). It's with a heavy but happy heart that I bid Peques farewell!

Anna - the English teacher
Manuel - the Spanish teacher
Bernice - the assistant teacherHelena - Nicholas' first teacher

1 comment:

  1. Tess & I were just discussing it this morning that we can't believe Nicholas is starting school soon! You can be very a proud mom and I'm sure he is going to achieve great things in this next adventure in his life!

    ReplyDelete